It is currently January 23rd, 2017, 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to freshprincecreations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Seen on the street
PostPosted: March 30th, 2014, 4:16 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Matt wrote:
stephano1990 wrote:
Matt wrote:
Ghosts are just generic just saying, my aunt is thinking of getting one, that or a bentley continental gt speed convertible, or she could just save the money and buy a SL63 Mercedes AMG

Well, that may be in Australia, but the ghost and continental I spotted, both have a Dutch licence plate. The Netherlands is one of the most expensive countries in the world to own a gas guzzling car like that due to tax laws. A new continental starts at around 300.000 euro's (against 170.000 euro's in Belgium) and the Ghost starts at 400.000 euro (260.000 euro's in Belgium). So yeah, someone who can afford a Bentley or Rolls Royce in the Netherlands is a lot wealthier than you might think ;)

And I actually don't live in a extremely expensive neighborhood :P
My parents do live in the "better part of town", but the city we live in is quite a dump (Tilburg, the Netherlands). My grandmother however (red bentley spot), lives in Vught, which is like a expensive suburb for the more wealthy city "Den Bosch" ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 2:27 am 

Have thanks: 44 time
[/quote]

Well, that may be in Australia, but the ghost and continental I spotted, both have a Dutch licence plate. The Netherlands is one of the most expensive countries in the world to own a gas guzzling car like that due to tax laws. A new continental starts at around 300.000 euro's (against 170.000 euro's in Belgium) and the Ghost starts at 400.000 euro (260.000 euro's in Belgium). So yeah, someone who can afford a Bentley or Rolls Royce in the Netherlands is a lot wealthier than you might think ;)[/quote]

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-feature/a ... 1dgy7.html
http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/why-is ... 012/02/10/
http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/the- ... 2gr6q.html
http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/the- ... 2gr6q.html
http://www.caradvice.com.au/250589/aust ... ng-ripped/

On average Australia is 30-50% more expensive than other countries on average but then...
http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/ye ... 6630603809
We also have benefits in Australia, like higher pay, better medical system, housing department, Don't have to work and get payed etc
Also Singapore is the worst with cars.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 24th, 2014, 6:56 pm 

Have thanks: 44 time
Nothin too special but when iw as picking our Mercedes Up from getting serviced.
and the second one near my school coming home.

Report this post

PostPosted: June 25th, 2014, 2:55 pm 

Have thanks: 30 time
Nice finds! :D

Report this post

PostPosted: February 13th, 2015, 6:55 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hope you don't mind... I'm in very rural WI... You don't get much more rural than the Potosi area of WI... I don't get a chance to photo a lot of neat cars so 2 of these are literally taken on the farm... whether is an old photo from the 90's at my grandparents or 10's at my parents... the Edsel though... that was in another small town in WI... don't recall what town.

1948 3/4 ton chevy with a bored & stroked Ford 289 under the hood. Fun truck. My Dad rebuilt this truck from bottom up... was a red to maroon color, black flatbed with a quirky quip about how Ford runs this Chevy truck written on the very back... smoke stack or stacks were added after this photo... 90's Unfortunately no better photos... wish we did... actually wish evil didn't win custody of the truck.. she had nothing to do with this old girl. I was too young to get a photo of her myself, obviously... I'm the taller girl on the bed.

Can you say Modified Jeep? More mods were made after this photo but had to post this one... come on, driving onto sister's totaled car (engine blew) Won awards in Dubuque IA at a show as Judge's favorite. 87 Jeep Wrangler... though not 100% now, has parts from Ford in there ect.

Edsel... rare.. only made for a few years... Ford's huge "flop" though I think they are cool as heck. This is the 2nd one I have EVER laid my eyes on in my (almost) 26 years of life. I'd say this is likely a 1959.

Report this post